There has been discussion for weeks and a few workarounds to getting iOS5 running on your iPhone, Touch or iPad and the solutions being offered often resulted in bricked phones or a device that could not connect to a carrier.
This evening I stumbled across a share from a fellow blogger who has provided some very easy steps to get your phone running iOS5 in under 20 minutes.
Here are the steps from JoeTech.com:
1. Sync your device and run a backup.
2. Download the file you need from the list below. It’s around 800MB, so it’ll take a while.
iPhone 4 (GSM)
iPhone 4 (CDMA)
iPad 2 (Wi-Fi)
iPad 2 (Wi-Fi + 3G GSM)
iPad 2 (Wi-Fi + 3G CDMA)
iPad 1 (All)
iPod touch (3G)
iPod touch (4G)
3. Extract the file you downloaded. I suggest using 7Zip if you’re on a PC. Find it atDownload.com
4. Hold down SHIFT (or “Option” on a MAC) and click “Restore” in iTunes
5. A file selection box should open up. Choose the ISPW file that you extracted from the DMG file you downloaded.
6. iTunes will wipe your device and install IOS5. That’s OK.
7. After the install, it should ask if you want to restore from a backup. Say YES and choose your backup from Step 1.
Hosting & CDN Powered By:
Subscribe for updates on my latest blog posts!
Listen to Open Source Music!
Featured YouTube Video
Reading or Read
Tags12.04 12.10 2012 Amazon Android Apps Birthday Blogging Canonical Chuck Cloud Community Dell Facebook Firefox FOSS Google+ HP iPhone Linux LoCo Marketing Mozilla music Netflix Occupy Portland Occupy Wall Street Open Source Oregon Politics Portland Privacy Quantal Quetzal Redhat Sharing Social Spotify Sprint Twitter Ubuntu UEFI Video WebFWD WebOS Windows