So I was reading a blog post talking about Box.net’s announcement that they will give away 50GB Lifetime Account’s to all iOS 5 users for the next 50 Days and I thought to myself what is to keep a person from upgrading their account through the app then logging out and upgrading every person they know?
Well sure enough it works and I just upgraded a good handful of people and I imagine other people are likely doing it or will be after they read this.
In any case Box.net either overlooked this as a possibility or just didn’t care but if a lot of people were to do this then Box.net could take a large hit financially.
Here is the original announcement:
Size matters: Get a FREE 50 GB lifetime account for file storage and sharing through Dec. 2, 2011. To get your automatic upgrade, download the Box app on your iPhone or iPad and register or sign in to your account – it’s that easy. Box provides simple, secure sharing from anywhere – letting you easily store files online, send big files fast, access content on-the-go, and collaborate with others. Box for iPhone and iPad lets you:
- View files directly on your iPhone and iPad
- Share files easily with a link
- Upload photos to your Box account (iPhones only)
- Open files in other apps installed on your device, like Documents to Go and GoodReader (iPads only)
- Secure content with file-level encryption, a four-digit passcode and automatic logout when the app is closed
- Project files from Box to a TV, LCD monitor or projector via AV Out (iPads and iPhone 4S only); wirelessly stream content using AirPlay (iPad 2 and iPhone 4S only)
- Wirelessly print to AirPrint-enabled printers (iPads only)
Box.net is available on the iPhone and iPad for free.