I think that Firefox should stay as the default browser in Ubuntu for the following reasons:
- Mozilla has a vibrant open source community and many of our contributors are active in both Ubuntu and Mozilla.
- Mozilla’s mission is to promote openness, innovation and opportunity and Firefox encompasses all of those goals.
- Chromium as a package has fell behind in the past while Firefox has team of contributors in the Ubuntu Community who keep it up-to date every cycle.
- Firefox is perhaps one of the most popular open source browsers.
- And most importantly in my opinion Mozilla by default respects user privacy and choice.
Why fix something if it’s not broken? If others prefer Chromium well then “sudo apt-get install chromium-browser” and I guess that’s just my two-cents on the topic.