This past weekend myself and reps from across North America spent the weekend working from Mozilla’s San Francisco office to collaborate on a plan for North America. During these two days, we built a plan that will help us grow the contributor community in North America and focus on areas we feel are priorities.
- Strengthen the communities and working relationships of the 22 Mozilla Reps based in the US and Canada
- Increase collaboration among Mozilla Reps who are volunteers and paid staff
- Identify areas for improvement and of concern in the local level
- Create a plan of action for 2013-2014 to support Mozilla initiatives (Firefox OS, Webmaker, Firefox) that is relevant and sustainable in the North American context
- Support mentorship potential of current Reps
- Improve community morale
I think we accomplished almost everything we set out to do and more but additionally we will be planning on having meetings along the way to health check these plans and also to have another physical meetup in Portland, Oregon which happens to be one of our priority cities.
I think this weekend brought a lot of value to everyone who participated as it allowed for cohesion (which virtual meetings often cannot provide) and allowed us to get a lot more work done than what is normally done in smaller blocks of time.
Subscribe for updates on my latest blog posts!
LISTEN TO FOSS YEAAAAH!
Tags12.04 12.10 2012 Amazon Android Apps Blogging Canonical Chuck Cloud Community Facebook Firefox Firefox OS FOSS FUD Google+ HP Linux LoCo Marketing Mobile Mozilla music Netflix Occupy Portland Open Source Oregon OSCON Politics Portland Privacy Quantal Quetzal Redhat Sharing Social Spotify Sprint Ubuntu Ubuntu Touch UEFI Video WebFWD WebOS Xubuntu