Happy new year, friends!
2014 was both a phenomenal year for Mozilla while a wild ride for us as we waded through what seemed like hit after hit from the tech press but we fared well. We have much to be excited about this year we
announced Firefox for iOS, launched a refresh of Firefox’s UI, a Firefox Dev Edition, improved search options and we also launched phones with partners in more countries than I can count on two hands which makes us one of the most successful open source mobile platforms out there.
We also participated in 3000+ events worldwide and that is a pretty amazing feat in itself and I honestly do not know of many open source projects or companies that could come close to that figure. The fact is we had a really awesome year and all of our work is not done some of the things we started in 2014 will continue into 2015 and as exciting as 2014 was for us I’m betting we can do 2015 even bigger.
Remember Mozillians, we punch way above our weight and really are that David fighting Goliath and I think considering we will have a relentless focus on product next year the future for Mozilla is very bright.
Some of the things I look forwarding to working on next year:
- Continued improvement of Firefox ESR for our Enterprise, Academic and Government users
- Expand our presence at events that focus on Learning, Libraries (as in books) and serving underrepresented groups
- Have a Mozilla presence at events we would not usually be at (we need to reach new people!)
- Support Thunderbird in what will hopefully be a comeback year for the project
- Growing the North America Community by 10%
What is your Mozilla New Year’s Resolutions? Aim high!