I just wanted to remind all LoCo’s to get your Ubuntu Global Jam events planned because the time for jams is very much creeping up on us and there is an excellent opportunity for all LoCo’s to get a jam organized even if your just starting up a new LoCo or reviving a less active one this presents a great opportunity for contributing!
From the Global Jam Wiki:
The Ubuntu Global Jam is an incredible opportunity for the Ubuntu community to unite together around the weekend of 7th – 9th September 2012 to work together to improve Ubuntu. Everyone is able to contribute to the Jam, and everyone is welcome and encouraged to get involved. Curious about how to make a real difference to Ubuntu? This is a great chance to make that difference.
To check out the list of participating teams in the world, or to add your event, have a look at the LoCo Directory event.
The Ubuntu Global Jam incorporates events that have been organized over the world to get Ubuntu contributors and fans together to have a great time and improve Ubuntu. Each event has one or more of our themes:
- Bugs – finding, triaging and fixing bugs.
- Testing – testing the new release and reporting your feedback.
- Upgrade – upgrading to Quantal from Precise and reporting your upgrade experience.
- Documentation – writing documentation about how to use Ubuntu and how to join the community.
- Translations – translating Ubuntu and helping to make it available in everyone’s local language.
- Packaging – work on Ubuntu packages and improve them.
LoCos should not feel required to support all themes, but the Global Jam can be used as an opportunity to introduce members to different aspects of the community.