So I have been playing League of Legends now for just over a month and I have to say I enjoy much of the game play better but there are some issues in League of Legends that surely are not existent in Valve’s Dota2. While I know all games have their differences, it really seems like some of the things I notice in League of Legends should have been sorted out and that perhaps Riot Games should be looking at the User Experience better and trying to fix these hard points.
- Redeeming Code for Prepaid Cards is in Purchase RP not in the “Codes” section of market. This seems confusing and it makes no sense to have two places.
- Users have to click a LoL Launcher then click “Launch” then get another window and “Login” before they ever get to the actual game client. This is annoying and it would make sense not to have all these windows and instead have updates and login built into the main client window and have a nice transition.
- On Mac OSX, the scroll bars behave oddly and its really hard to use the cursor and move them in the main client which is annoying to the end user and a terrible UX bug.
- Heimerdinger has turrets that are almost impossible to counter early and mid game by most champions.
- Players seem to go AFK more often in LoL than Dota2 and team are stuck playing 4v5 or take a score hit unlike Dota2 which lets team members who were abandoned early game off the hook if player idles too long.
- Lack of voice chat built in like Dota2
- Matchmaking takes longer than Dota2
- Game loading takes longer than Dota2
Overall I like League of Legends much better so far but I think there could be improvements in the areas I pointed out above. One of the reasons I left Dota2 was because in ranked matches there was the possibility to get thrown into MMR Hell and never be able to climb out due to being matched with poor players. I hope when I do reach ranked games in League of Legends that the overall quality of matchmaking is good enough that I get teammates of similar skill level.